If you are looking at this article, chances are that you have already decided that you want to get a training collar or e-collar for your dog. Now you are just trying to decide which one you think will work best for your needs. This is a dog training collar review on what I consider to be one of the best available.
I have reviewed several training collars and read the reviews from customers who have purchased a training collar for their dog. There are many available collars out there that offer a wide range of capabilities.
In this review, I am going to focus on one training collar, and give you all the information for this collar. I do have an article published that focuses on training collars in general, how they work, and a short of review of five of the top training collars available. If after reading this review, you feel that you need more background information, read top rated traing collars, and it will direct you to more general information on training collars.
Dogtra ARC Remote Training Collar
- Battery Charger and Splitter Cable
- Test Light
- Owner’s Manual
Features of Dogtra Training Collar
- 3/4 Mile Range
- Rheostat/volume dial with stimulation levels 0-127 – for a gradual adjustment in stimulation intensity
- 2-hour rapid charge batteries
- Nick, constant and non-stimulating pager vibration
- Low to medium power stimulation
- Belt Clip
- Slim design receiver/collar
- Fully waterproof – collar
- Water-resistant – transmitter
- Checkered grips – for better comfort
- Exandable to a two-dog system
- LCD screen
- For dogs as small as 15 pounds
Description of Dogtra ARC Remote Training Collar
Dogtra develops one of the most advanced e-collar gear available. The Dogtra ARC e-collar remote training tool comes with an ultra slim receiver for seamless appearance and improved comfort for dogs.
It is great for people who want to use the e-collar but don’t want the world to know you have one on your dog because of the stigma.
It is designed for all breeds with medium to soft temperaments. It might not work as well on aggressive dogs. Works on dogs 15 pounds or over.
Additional receiver is available for purchase for a second dog. The price of that is around $135.00
Positives and Negatives
- The collar is more streamlined than most e-collars – making it look better and more comfortable
- Inadvertent activation – if the constant button is held down for 12 seconds or more, the unit will automatically shut down. It reactivates when the button is released and depressed again.
- 2-year limited lifetime warranty
- Two dog capabilities
- Waterproof collar
- Water resistant transmitter
- Charge battery once a week – even when using everyday
- 127 stimulation levels along with just sound as well. This helps with a very gradual increase to help you find what level your dog will respond at.
- The reheostat knob can move a bit and change the strength of the setting on the transmitter. Having a “lock” feature would be beneficial to help with this issue.
- Leaving the receiver/collar in the same location on the dog’s neck for an extended period of time can cause skin irritation. If the dog is to wear the e-collar for long periods, occasionally re position the receiver/collar so that the contact points are moved to a different location on the dog’s neck. Make sure you check for skin irritation each time you use the unit.
- Not advisable that you change out the battery if it needs replacing. The warranty will be void if you do and later have a problem
Dogtra offers a 2-year limited lifetime warranty. This is what that means: the warranty begins from the date of purchase. For the first 2 years, coverage is for both parts and labor on warranty repair services. After the first 2 years, the warranty covers parts only and does not cover labor fees. Accessories : chargers, splitter cables, antennas, straps and batteries are covered for the first year only.
To qualify for the Dogtra warranty, all products must be registered and/or proof of purchase is required to initiate repair work under the warranty. The warranty only covers the original person who purchased the product. They do not have a transferable warranty. Registration must be completed within 30 days of purchase.
Summary of Dogtra ARC Remote Training Collar
This dog training collar review focuses on the Dogtra ARC. It is a bit more expensive than many of the other e-collars available, but they are more advanced with their design than most are. Some big key features of this product is the range that it has, the rapid charge batteries, the design, the levels of stimulation, and having the ability to expand to a two dog system.
This collar scored 4 out 5 stars based on 680 customer reviews. There was very little that was ever mentioned as a
negative of this product. If you have been searching for the right e-collar for a while, this might be just the right collar for you and your dog. Training collars are not to be used on dogs younger than 4-6 months old and they must understand the basic commands like “sit”, “stay”, and “come.” Make sure not to use them as a way of punishment. They are to reinforce behavior you want from them and correct unwanted behavior.
This product is considered an Amazon’s Choice Product – See Amazon for exact pricing by clicking on the collar below. Usually under $220.
I hope you enjoyed the review and if you have any questions or comments, please leave them below, and if you purchase this collar, please come back and let us know your thoughts.